The Newfoundland and Labrador government announces measures to support individuals, families, communities and businesses amid the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Temporary suspension of the repayment of the provincial portion of Canada Student Loans for a period of six months. Read more
- Financial supports for families, regulated child care centres and family child care homes impacted by COVID-19. Read more
- $500,000 to support food sharing programs for those experiencing food insecurity. Read more
- Limited operation of regulated child care services for children aged 1 to 13 for essential workers. Read more
- Technology options provided to families impacted by the temporary suspension of family visitation. Read more
- Temporary policy enhancements to support youth aging out of care. Read more
- Launch of online COVID-19 data hub. Read more
- Public examinations cancelled for the current school year. Read more
- Community Food Helpline now accessible by calling 811. Read more
- Introduction of temporary measures to support businesses impacted by COVID-19. Read more
- $300,000 in funding to launch a new Students Supporting Communities Program. Read more
- Schools to reopen for teachers on June 1, remain closed for students. Read more
- Enhancements to the Provincial Student Loans Program for the 2020–2021 academic year. Read more
- COVID-19 Essential Worker Support Program will provide a one-time payment to individuals who meet eligibility criteria. Read more
- Enhancements to student aid. Read more
No updates for July 2020.
- Additional teaching and staffing supports provided to support the reopening of schools. Read more
No updates for September 2020.